Date(s) - 30/06/17 - 09/07/17
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Durban Exhibition Centre
The House and Garden Show Maker Space Experience
The MakerSpace will be hosting a Makers Corner at The House and Garden show from 30 June to 9 July at the Durban Exhibition Centre.
If you are interested to know what The MakerSpace is all about watch our video
There will be 7 adult classes in the evenings:
– Saturday 1 July, 7-8pm: Distillery 031 Gin tasting (R150)
– Sunday 2 July, 6-7pm: Artisan Coffee experience and barista training – includes a bag of coffee (R200)
– Tuesday 5 July, 6-9pm: Leather Wallet Workshop (R450)
– Wednesday 6 July 6-8pm: Galvanised Pipe Light Workshop (R500)
– Thursday 7 July 6-10pm: Arduino Robotics (R1000)
– Friday 8 July, 6-7pm: Artisan Coffee experience and barista training – includes a bag of coffee (R200)
– Saturday 9 July, 7-8pm: Distillery 031 Gin tasting (R150)
Bookings and payments for these workshops must be made in advance and can be made below.
You will also be able to:
– Buy awesome coffee.
– Buy a 3D printed cupcake!
– Get your head 3D scanned and 3D printed.
– Have a cutting board laser etched with a design of your choice.
At The House and Garden Show your kids will have a choice of 10 different workshops to get involved in during the day. Workshops are available for a wide range of age groups from 6yrs and older. Workshops will begin every hour on the hour and will run for 45 minutes at a time. Prices range from R50 to R200 per workshop.
Kids Workshops include:
1. 3D printing pen creations (R50)
2. Hydro-powered robotic arm (R100)
3. Science Experiments for kids aged 6-9 run by Little Lab Coats (R50)
4. Doodle robots (R150)
5. Lino printing (R50)
6. First person view driving (R20) for 5min
7. Various electronics projects run by Little Bits (R50)
8. Solder for Juniors (R50) ages 6+
9. Wooden Derby Cars R50
10. Furniture with Dad
No prior bookings need to be made for the kids workshops, you can make all bookings at our stand at the show.
All payments can be made in cash or via Zapper.
Please note this is not a babysitting service and you cannot leave your child unaccompanied on the stand. Parents who leave their children unattended will be charge R100 per hour