Draw cards to the event:
- 3D scanning
- 3D print farm
- Makers area for kids
- Play with robots
- Hackathon competition with prizes (see below)
- Make with leather
- Learn to solder
- Hands on with wood
- IoT playground
- Graffiti wall / spraypainting robot
MakerCon 2016 – Creativity, Technology, Upliftment
The MakerSpace welcomes you to Maker Convention 2016 (MAKERCON). A showcase and celebration of the “Maker Movement” in Durban. The Maker Movement is a global phenomenon of people sharing ideas and harnessing technology to make things. From 3D printing to leather craft, custom furniture and robots, there is something interesting to see, touch and make.
This year the MAKERCON Event will be hosted at the Wavehouse, Gateway Theate of Shopping. We expect over 5000 visitors over the course of the event. There will be over 30 exhibitors showcasing their maker skills and products, running workshops and inviting the public to participate.
Exhibitors and attractions from last year:
- DIY Electronics – 3D print farm and Ardunio playground
- Kraft – come and see their x-carve in action
- Christy-Anne & Michelle Stewart Jewellery – silversmithery
- Be:found jewellery & accessories – jewellery craft classes
- Tione – build your own DIY digital synthesiser
- Studio031 graffiti wall – learn graffiti
- eeArm – IoT wifi robots and connected devices
- WERK MakerSpace Port Elizabeth
- Trobok Toys – how to make 3D printed creatures
- Durban.MakerSpace – 3D scan your head
- Savior Brand Co – Leather craft workshops
- Re:Seat recycled wood furniture – workshop build your own planter box
Join the Hackathon, starting at 2pm on Saturday (buy tickets below):
Hackathon: Extra-Sensory Learning
Make learning new things fun by extending the human inputs beyond sight and sound. What if you could incorporate motion and
interactivity in the classroom? Come and explore new and exciting ways to engage learners. Build a project with your peers
that demonstrates extra-sensory learning. There are three spot prizes up-for-grabs for the best projects built on the day!
Hackathon packages start at R100:
- R100 Ticket: bring your own kit, includes entrance into MakerCon.
- R400 Ticket + Kit: Arduino UNO, TowerPro Micro Servo motor, cables, LEDS, buttons, breadboard and more!
- R1,500 Robotic-Hack Ticket and Kit: 3 NEMA-17 stepper motors, controllers, drivers, Arduino UNO and more!
- Additional components will be on sale which can be bought on the day.
Fill in this form if you want to exhibit: